A world leader in specialty chemicals and a designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance in lightweight and design materials, biosourced materials, new energies, water management, solutions for electronics, and the performance and home insulation.
With 20,600 people employed in some 55 countries, the French Group pursues ambitious recruitment objectives around the world.
Arkema offers diverse employment opportunities in 200 job functions and professions in four major fields: industrial, R&D, business, and support functions. Learn more about our job functions in our Career Website.
Join us and go beyond your discoveries!
Arkema Singapore is looking for Process Technicians to be a part of our new plant in Jurong Island!
What you will do:
- Performs equipment line-ups and operate (towers, reactors, driers, compressors, pumps, etc) according to established practices and procedures
- Responds to upsets or abnormal process conditions according to instructions from Supervisor or Panelman
- Troubleshoots equipment and/or process problems in order to identify needed corrections or improvements
- Collect process samples from assigned sampling points in a safe manner
- Equipment Inspection Tours according to checklist
- Perform first line maintenance task for equipment size below 4” (eg. cleaning strainers or filters, opening & closing flanges, connecting hoses, tightening packing or flange leaks)
- Quality Assurance
- Online (PI system) quality monitoring
- Reporting deviations to supervisor, investigate process conditions and adjust process variables accordingly
The Requirements of This Role:
- Fresh NITEC in Chemical Process or Fresh Diploma in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Training will be provided
- Effective team player with good communication skills
- High self-motivation
- Attentive to details