We are looking for a motivated Commis Cook to join our team. To excel in this position, you must possess a keen interest in culinary arts and creative cooking with a strong ability to listen and follow instructions given by the Sous Chef. Additional valuable skills include excellent communication skills and familiarity with general kitchen equipment and appliances. The need to be able to stand and move around for long periods of time is required.
Assist the Sous Chef by chopping vegetables and washing food items.
Cook all dishes on the menu and to ensure food prepared is consistent and of superior quality.
Ensure kitchen equipment and appliances are cleaned and ready for use.
Maintain a clean and hygienic work environment at all times. General kitchen duties including washing, cleaning, and clearing.
Ensure food is stored away properly when not in use.
Date and label all food before storing them in the chiller or freezer.
Ensure food is stored at a correct temperature and records are up to date.
Any other tasks as assigned.
- Has experience in Japanese uisine will be advantageous.
- Training will be provided.
- Has experience working as a prep cook in a fast-paced environment
- Shown willingness to learn.
- A positive attitude team player
- Able to follow instructions accurately and efficiently
- Familiar with general kitchen equipment and appliances
- Good understanding of ingredients, recipes, kitchen safety, and hygiene
- Able to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Physically able to stand and move around for long periods of time
- For Singaporeans Only
Location: Forum The Shopping Mall, Orchard Road & Millenia Walk, Raffles Boulevard
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience (gross salary from $2,000 - $2,600)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Working hours: 6 days per week, 7-8 hours per day (excluded 2 hour break, meal will be provided)