Are you looking for a teaching career that supports your learning and growth, compensates well and has meaningful impact all at the same time?
Over the past 8 years, we have helped over 10,000 students ace their Science examinations using our proprietary learning methodology and examination-centric materials.
We are known among parents to be knowledgeable, humorous and caring teachers, and students leave our classes with a genuine appreciation for Science.
We are looking for passionate Science teachers to join our academic faculty to bring quality education to more children who are in need of help. You’ll join our team at a key moment in our growth as we rapidly expand in Singapore.
As a Primary Science Teacher at The Pique Lab, you will be involved in:
1. Class & Learning Management – You will manage classes effectively with a holistic understanding of your students’ learning needs and motivations
2. Lesson Preparation & Delivery – You’ll prepare for your lessons in accordance to our curriculum. In particular, you’ll devise ways to simplify Science concepts and highlight common misconceptions.
3. Publishing – You’ll share your knowledge by writing articles and producing videos, so that your students can continue to learn from you outside of the classroom.
4. Communication – You’ll communicate with parents on their children’s learning progress and make appropriate recommendations on how to improve further.
Rigorous training is provided during your first 9 months at The Pique Lab, which is aimed at increasing your confidence and expertise as a Primary Science Teacher.
You will start your career with us by undergoing the Teaching Associate Programme where you'll learn plenty of valuable teaching
1. Content Mastery: Solidify your fundamentals in the Primary Science syllabus by learning key concepts & examination question types. Understand how to apply a variety of answering techniques to tackle questions effectively.
2. Attention Control: Discover how to make your lessons come alive, such that your students never get bored of them. Dive deep into delivery technicals such as coherency, clarity, tempo, gestures, expression and humour.
3. Class Control: Pick up effective classroom management strategies, so that you're able to maintain a fun, yet disciplined teaching approach with your students.
4. Performance Management: Learn how to use cues effectively to instil a stronger sense of confidence in your students & help them develop a stronger affinity for Science.
5. Communicating With Parents: Understand how to communicate with parents, such that they are supportive and appreciative of your work.
[The Type Of Person We're Looking For]
We’d love to have a chat with you if you meet the following criteria:
1. Strong Background in Science: You should have a strong understanding in the subject matter - not just at the university level, but at a primary/secondary level, and hence be able to simplify complex Science concepts.
2. Prior Teaching Experience: You should have some experience in teaching, not strictly limited to Science - be it commercial experience (e.g. teaching in MOE schools, tuition centres or private 1-1 classes) OR volunteering experience (e.g. coaching kids in after-school care centres).
Good to have:
1. A Positive, Confident & Engaging Personality: You need to be comfortable engaging students at a group level & infuse joy and laughter in your lessons.
2. Grit and Drive to Succeed: You must be committed to mastery and be willing to put in the hard work. You should have a clear idea on what you intend to pursue in your career, at least for the next 3 to 5 years,
3. Ability to learn fast and think on your feet: You will be expected to pick up and apply strategies and techniques taught to you quickly, especially during the training period.
[How We Take Care Of You]
[Biggest Takeaway] Mentorship, Training & Regular Feedback
Abundant Career Progression Opportunities in two different tracks:
Specialist track and Management track
Competitive Remuneration, including a base salary (starting from $3,400/ month) plus a variable pay (which scales based on your contributions)
Annual Performance Bonus
Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
Time-off From Work For Errands
Free Meals on selected school holidays and weekends
Apply here: https://thepiquelab.com/teaching-associate-career/